The Methodist church in Wolstanton dates back to the early 1800’s. The current church site comprises of a number of buildings dating from the 1867. Since the late 60’s, various additions had resulted in a labyrinth of dark corridors which wasted a significant amount of space and was disorientating to visitors.
We were appointed to design a solution to these problems which involved remodelling of the central area to form a glazed atrium which now operates as a large multi-purpose space. We also carried out extensive refurbishment works to other parts of the building, upgrading the interior and providing disabled access. As a result of the works, the building has a significantly more inviting and practical layout to reflect the church’s ethos.